Magpie Oracle & Bone Throwing Readings
I would like to practice divining with some fox bones @Arianna graciously agreed to inhabit and a magpie oracle I’ve been building for a while now. I am not experienced in casting lots of any kind and would like to practice by offering readings to the forum.
Since I am brand new at this, please feel free to throw me a bone ( ) and ask me about situations you have some insight into already.
(for those who are curious, this is how I prepared the bones)
- Ritual with Hekate and the Fates
- Cleansed the bones with chanting, visualization, and hand gesture
- Consecrated in the name of Hekate, the four winds, the four rivers, and the Fates
- Four Winds: passed the bones through incense of myrrh, poppy seed, wormwood, mugwort, solomon’s seal, and dittany of crete
- Four Rivers: anointed them with oil of black henbane, blue lotus, white lotus, red lotus, and amanita.
- Gentle, consensual binding
- Charged with an Invocation of Lachesis and IO HEKA IO HO mantra reps
I will keep this open (for now), and please note that:
- I have no idea what I’m doing (yet)
- I am in no rush to respond quickly. It will take me as long as it takes to get back to you.
- If you are a dick about it, I will not read for you.
- I’m not ready to use these to divine with the dead yet. After solid practice, I will offer this.
I’m looking forward to testing this out with all who are interested. Thank you!