Magical Video Content Thread

Feel free to post the videos about magick that you come across here :sparkles:

6 Likes

I swear she posted this a week or two after I started a land magick journal on the other forum :herb:

4 Likes
4 Likes

I don’t agree with everything she puts out there, but I built my land magick practices around her work. I have a lot of respect for her abilities and experience and resilience.

3 Likes
4 Likes
4 Likes

Awesome topic! @Mythopoeia

2 Likes
5 Likes

I hope given the nature of this thread it’s appropriate for me to post my ritual work here. I was experimenting with some new elements of my precursors and opener rites. If @moderators would prefer I not post this here but keep it to the journal shoot me a PM and I’ll comply. My intention is to showcase ritual environment ( energetically) and variety techniques on openers.

4 Likes
5 Likes
3 Likes

Lol I saw this a few months ago. It was a little bit sad.

3 Likes

Because of the quality of the astrological representation?

3 Likes

More because some of the astrologers acted so authoritative, as if they were better than the astronomers, even though they were clearly wrong about some things that the astronomers were right about. I found that rather bizarre. And overall continues to paint astrology in a rather bad light.

The astrologers also seem to understand astrology as a material science, as if the material bodies of the Planets and Stars actually influence people on Earth through material means, when physically that is impossible as the astronomers know. But, the astrologers seemed like they couldn’t understand astrology in any other view, which is mostly to be expected, since knowledge of pre-modern philosophy is still rare. But that idea of the influence being through physical means is always going to bring conflict with astronomers since it’s physically wrong.

I am going off of my memory here, though, so some details are a bit unclear.

Edit to make a sentence clearer and fix an error.

5 Likes

They agreed that the stars didn’t, but insisted that the planets do. They couldn’t define energy and that contributed to the distance between the groups.

Lots of poorly defined new age terminology and the attempted presentation of astrology as a highly interpretive soft science backed by vigorous spiritual research, did not leave a good impression. Neither did one of the astrologers not knowing the Betelgeuse is an actual star not just a Tim Burton character…

It reminds me a bit of Anthropology, i.e. wanting to be taken seriously as a science but struggling with the subjective nature of the research.

It would have been nice to see more variety in the astrology practiced, but that is probably asking too much in this context.

4 Likes
4 Likes

This looks way cool :call_me_hand: @Mythopoeia

I’m too exhausted to right now to dare open it. Definitely will over morning coffee and cigs with Prince Orobas though.

2 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes

I do not think Atlantis is / was a place. There is also a lot of racist rhetoric and ideology tied into the Atlantis theory.

(@anon75849095 @Delilah_LeStrange @norse900 @King1911 @Kish)

But there totally could have been ancient civilizations on Earth predating humans that we have no awareness of.

7 Likes