Kasdeya Rite of Ba'al: Blood Rite of the Fifth Satan

29SEP
Week 2 Day 3

Flereous: "You lack passion (feel like you do) because you have passion all around you. Your job, your family, your accomplishments… They all require and reward passion.

But is this what you should be passionate about?"

Flereous bid me to let the others (elemental circle spirits) go, so I did. He stayed, as did Leviathan. He wanted to speak.

F: “You think you lack it, but it’s built within you. Your drive, your willingness to endure, these are things that require stubbornness and passion. You have both. You use it so frequently (almost daily), that you become immune to it, (it becomes) mundane. How long did you work tonight (today)?”

M: “10.75 hours.”

F: “Did you have to?”

M: “No and yes. I chose to, so I can rest easier this weekend, knowing a mountain of work isn’t hanging over my head.”

F: “Isn’t it? (I didn’t say anything) Your passion, as you se it, is working towards tour eventual goals, to get that freedom, to maybe even feel it, too. But you lack the awareness that it will happen without days like today, where your passion is wasted. You paid for it, did you not? (My end-game goals). (Yes) Then, why equate the two?”

What he’s referring to with the equating is similar to a thread that @Dankquanicus opened recently, not in coordination, but conveniently close. I have a sort of service-relationship with entities I work with. It’s not a tit-for-tat, but we scratch each other’s backs.

For example, I was given mention of a thread elsewhere where someone incorrectly larped that I had attacked or had plans to. I don’t have time for middle-high school nonsense. But Hel came to me and was pissed. Not at that nonsense, but someone was mounting an attack against me she wouldn’t talk about (I felt this was a regular life, mundane thing), but given her mood, I wasn’t saying no. She was pissed and was mobilizing things against it. I have no clue, but I’ve never seen that lovely goddess that pissed before.

This incident happened the same day and I still have nothing more I know about it. Her target, her purpose. Nothing to do with me. But it did give some credence to Flereous’ mention to let things go as they will.

7 Likes