[Journal] From a bird's eye view

ENTRY #7

Magick by proxy

Tonight I guided someone who has never practiced magick. And it was quite a ride. I won’t give here details that are not mine to share, so excuse me if it sounds incomplete.

First, I used the trance technique Hypnos gave me some time ago to get them “into the zone”. I had to do it from memory, but since the technique is so easy it was really easy to do it.

Then I made up on the fly a meditation of sorts loaning contents from their memory. Images. Sounds. Textures. The concept of warm irradiated by the human body.

As I did this, I helped them to move forward into the most basic of the inner landscapes (note to self: write the damn article of inner landscapes). This is far, far away from the desert where lies that spirit that thelemites (wrongly) call Choronzon. This is as close to the material world as you get, but still part of the collective conscious. This is part of the great network that links us all together. As that great Finnish genius said:

I am. You are. All of them already.

First I set the scene by making my friend think, and then remember, a piece of furniture, a simple table. Seriously, you don’t get any more simpler than a damn table. I made them feel the texture. I made them note the size. Then I made them aware of the sounds: the music that was playing, but I’m sure they could hear other’s chitchatting around, since this is a public place after all. Then I opened their awareness to the room. And finally, I brought the person they wanted to meet.

This is the part where it gets risky. I just told them there was someone in front of them and to look and see who it was. It could have been anyone. There is no guarantee of anything. But yeah, it was who I was hoping would be. Told my friend to reach and hold their hand. Feel it. Feel the skin, the warm. And told them they were talking.

Again, this is risky. At this point imagination is just a via to connect. The experience is quite real and the person in front won’t necessarily say something we want to hear. I’ve been threatened by demons, mocked and bitch slapped (looking at you, Lucifer). Then again, this was not a meeting with spirits, but with an aspect of the real person.

This aspect of the person may have said absolutely anything. From fuck you to try to explain the theory of relativity to anything in between. And what they said was something positive.

From there, and barring a few things that I won’t log here but that I assure are good, I had to guide my friend back to normal life. What followed was quite emotional. My buddy doesn’t have experience of any sort with magick and visionary experiences can be quite intense.

My friend described it, minutes later, as if the meeting was real and they were telling me how it went. Which is basically what happened. For those not into visionary magick I can’t really stress this enough: the experience IS real. The contact IS real. My buddy even described having goosebumps remembering touching this person’s hand.

I usually don’t guide people on this kind of thing, closest was a couple of years ago when I walked someone through a basic exercise to feel energy, but I wanted to do this for my friend’s benefit.

It seems I’ll never cease to be amazed but the absolute power of imagination, understood as the biggest tool a person can have to practice magick. This and some knowledge (and lots of patience and discipline) are enough to make things happen, to actually make tangible changes in the world, in yourself, in your body, in your wallet.

I get tired and tired of people talking shit about the method, specially because they out themselves quite fast as people who doesn’t understand how visionary magick works. Yes, there are several books on pathworkings right now, imagine this, connect to spirit X. And it works. And sometimes things manifest and sometimes they don’t, as it happens with all sorts of magick. But trust me, I don’t care if pathworkings are the new in thing, this is probably the oldest form of magick known to man, way earlier than the Greek Papyrus, the psalms and the old lady gathering ingredients in the woods, the visionary met the spirits, traveled to the moment of his death and found the inner landscapes. This is a very old school of magick that few people understand, sadly.

For anyone who wants to learn more about it, read everything ever written by Dolores Ashcroft-Nowicki.

15 Likes

ENTRY #8

To hold the caduceus

For some reason, the Caduceus is confused with the Rod of Asclepio. The Rod of Asclepio, god of medicine, is the real symbol of medicine (one serpent, no wings). Forget of all that. While is truth that Hermes has healing among his million offices, is a very obscure part of his lore.

All in all, is associated with Hermes most famous activities (communication, eloquence, trade) and (UPG alert from now on) is also used as a diplomatic badge of office. There is much more to it, much more than I think has been written anywhere else.

Stories about its direct power, akin to a magic wand, exist: it can wake up those who sleep and viceversa (as noted in the myth of Io), it can concede a peaceful, painless death to those in agony and it can outright revive the death (without Hades trying to destroy the whole city in the process).

According to the Homeric hymn that narrates Hermes’ origin story, Apollo was the first owner of the caduceus, a gift he gave to his one day old half brother after the later stole his cows (and after Hermes gave him a musical instrument he also invented that same day)

Another story is given in the myth of Tiresias, a man who found two snakes copulating and killed the female with his staff, getting turned into a woman for seven years, until he found the male and killed it two. Hermes would have acquired the staff later. The important part here is its transformative power.

Another story says that Hermes found two snakes fighting and he stopped them with his staff, bringing peace. This is, clearly, a reference to his office as a diplomat.

Some references can be found in ancient Mesopotamia. Including one to Ningishzida, a chtonic god, messenger of “mother Earth”. Again, badge of office for a diplomat.

Then again, snakes are really common, so it won’t always mean something. There is a reference in the bible (the book of numbers) to a statue God ordered Moses to build in order to protect people from actual snake bites.

There is also another reference in India, like 200 years before Christ, this time in a punch-marked coin.

None of the above, as far as I can find, includes the wings, just the staff with the serpents. In any event, its addition is closer in time.

To look for it now is a useless exercise. Because it is fucking everywhere. Not only the Caduceus, but references to Hermes. Hell, even a damn brand outright stole his name. It means “pile of rocks” guys, and it used to be a pile of rocks with an erection. True story, ancient statues would depict a small… obelisk, I guess? With the head of the god and a dick. Erected. Which was rude even by ancient Greek standards.

There is a small version anyone can get by travelling through the inner landscapes. Those familiar with McCarthy’s Quareia are probably aware of this. But let me tell you something: is nothing like the real thing.

Let me elaborate: two times ago a friend of mine had to solve issues at the airport and two times I was allowed to hold the caduceus and make magick on my own. First time was an emergency and I didn’t have any idea of what to do, nor Hermes offered any assistance. Take it, do it, fuck you.

But it worked. It worked instantly. All the issues, all the blockades went away. Not only that: people went out of their way to help my friend to catch the plane. Covid testing and all of that being some major delays.

Last night, again Hermes handed me the caduceus. For the same plane, for the same airport, but with different blockades and with outright immigration purposes. But hours in advance. And he did intervene. It seems I was trying to use to wrong source of energy for the task.

And again, it worked. Hell, I even saw pictures from the plane already. Also, Big Guy Z wiped out a fucking storm out of the way so there won’t be any issues. Yes, the storm WAS coming and I think the flight was close to being cancelled. But it wasn’t. As far as I know, it didn’t even rain during the journey, if it is over and my friend has already landed.

And that my friends is the true essence of magick. I won’t go into details about how did I do it, I have a clear idea but it would be too irresponsible of me to try explain something I don’t fully understand, at least when we’re talking about magick.

10 Likes

ENTRY #9

The parasite and the crow

If you see them, they see you

-That 2005 John Constantine movie with Keanu Reeves as himself and no John Constantine

Tonight I guided my friend in another visionary quest. I’ve developed a method to do this, a mix-and-match of all the things I’ve being doing for a while, but with some stuff I developed to help a non-occultist to have a true magick experience.

Since this is the third time I help this friend, I decided to add a safety measure. Just in case. It wasn’t needed but I’m quite glad I added it.

I sent a crow into the visionary scene. It was easy: just make sure there was a way to make contact. In this case, I asked my friend to visualize (or at this point, structure) a window. As soon as I asked what was at the other side I knew it worked.

“A tree” she said. Of course it is a tree. Birds like trees, you know? Anyway, the crow rested on a branch and I notified that he was a friend and was there to help her.

Then I felt three presences. First was a “waiter”, last was the person we were hoping to reach. Second was an unknown party.

Now, waiter my ass. That guy was an interesting spirit. And I think he owns the kind-of-a-bar where the scene took place. He was nice, so I instructed my friend to be nice to him.

The person we expected said the second individual was “someone from work”. Someone from work my ass. I told my friend to tell him to wait in the next table.

I guided my friend in her meeting with this third person and then we went to see this second individual. She had to ask who it was twice. First time asshole was grinning, second time he replied “None of your business”. So I did the rational thing AND DEMANDED HIM TO REVEAL HIS IDENTITY IN THE NAME OF ZEUS!

Yeah, at this point my suspicions were certainty. Through repeated experiences, my friend got someone’s attention. A parasite. He ran the fuck off when I told him that if touched her he would have to come and face me.

I may not be all that scary but you bet your ass the the Sky Father is.

I guided my friend back. See? This is how you deal with this things in the first place, by putting them in their place before they can do any harm. If you can call upon an insanely powerful ancient god to back you up, that’s better.

10 Likes

ENTRY #10

A reunion

Today I spoke with Hermes and told him this idea I have. And he agreed. So, tonight I put in practice with the help of the same friend I’ve been guiding lately.

We met her late father.

I had to not only guide her into trance, but at the same time got into trance myself. We both called upon Hermes, who came as he said he was going to do. We opened a door to a garden where Hermes was doing some gardening. Or so.

I structured a big tree and sent my crow there, for support if needed. I put a table on it and got the portal to the otherside, in the form of a simple door.

…and Hermes took my friend and danced the tango. He was wearing a dress.

Then I started. Three came. The first was an old man. I identified him as benign. I knew he was an ancestor. It took her a while to recognize him as her greandfather from his mother side. Then it came a woman. Her grandmother. They spoke and from my side it felt warm.

Then the father came in. They hugged each other and sat down to talk about their own stuff. Meanwhile, I had to do something else.

Some spirits (of the dead?) were in the portal, trying to get in. I had to gather some energy in my rod, just in case, and basically threaten them with the caduceus so they wouldn’t come. I don’t think they were evil, just not allowed to be there. I had to stand guard, and so I did, but as time passed and as my friend and her father spoke in a language I don’t speak, I got tired and tired and tired, to the point I thought, for a second, that I wouldn’t be able to keep it as I was supposed to.

Once they were done talking, the hugged one more time and Hermes allowed my friend to make one question about the afterlike. She did it and her father gave her an answer.

The ancestor gave each an item to my friend and say the would be around. We all know what that means.

Hermes and I accompanied the relatives through the portal and let them go back. I thanked Hermes and walked my friend back into normal reality.

It was a very emotional moment for her and a very moving moment for me. Also, tiring because keeping it open and standing watch wasn’t all that cool.

A very interesting experience. While I’m no psychopomp, I managed to get a glimpse of what the duties of one are. And got a way to reunite father and daughter one more time, which is rewarding on itself.

9 Likes

ENTRY #11

Lone crow

All in all, I’ve always been a loner. For reasons I would rather not speak here, I always took the road less traveled by. And in the way, I made a few acquaintances, friends and even companions.

But I have always missed a sense of belonging. I guess I have yet to find my place in the world, both literally and figuratively. Which sometimes sucks.

Today a person of my past re-emerged. I’ve been waiting someone to do that, just not her. So, meh. She brought some news with her. And while I don’t judge, it affected me. It affects me. And I don’t understand why.

I suspect certain troll with a winged helmet made it happen in order to get the punch in the face I’m needing right now. It revolved my guts. My hands were trembling. And why? This person was important but not relevant.

To be honest, we were using each other. She had too much free time and I had to get over someone (spoiler: it didn’t work). It was brief, just a few months. When she went away, she did it in a painful way. But I forget all about her in less than a week.

Eventually, it seems, everyone comes back. With the sole exception of the one I’ve always wanted to speak to again. The one who got away. I guess I should make a toast for her. For them. All of them.

And then ask myself the same damn question: what the fuck is with me and women??

8 Likes

That’s the contrary for me, remplace women for men, and there you have it lmao.
You aren’t alone in that shit, if that can make you feel better :rofl:

3 Likes

One of this days we should get drinks and trade war stories :rofl: :rofl:

4 Likes

Honestly wouldn’t be against it, would have a good laugh :rofl: I’m not even depressed, I just laugh about it at this point, it’s too ridiculous lmao

3 Likes

Same. Even in high school I had like 2 really close friends.

But when I make friends I tend to keep them. Ive had the same best friend since 2nd grade.

Same. Even though I’m an introvert and would just as soon been home Alone with a good book or bubble bath, I feel left out alot. Like everyone is out being great friends and having a wonderful time and no one invited me. Or why they ask if I wanted to go with them to where ever. I then I realize a) it’s kinda my fault because I am basically a hermit. And b) it’s not all that true. I’ve been to a couple of concerts recently with my sister. I went to Tennessee with my oldest daughter and my kids are always asking me to do stuff. I tend to shut myself away from the world way more than the world shuts me out. I just like to have woe is me moments and pity parties. But I also struggle with depression, I have since adolescents and that plays a big factor.

It does suck.

Yea but for me it’s men. Like I adore DK but he’s in Canada and I’m in the states. And I’m not sure how either of us could fix that. So while I adore him. I still sleep alone. Like why do the ones I actually click with have to be worlds away from me?

I understand and I feel ya but I don’t know how to help with any of it because this stuff is what I suck at :rofl:
For all the stuff I can do. This is the area I cannot move into a happily ever after.

5 Likes

No…no…we’re perfecting our inner isolation while they continue to fail at it.

5 Likes

My inner isolation should be :100: :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

ENTRY #12

Nexus

I was shown something different today. Hermes told me to “chase him”, it was a race by land and air. I had to develop wings. Of course, he was way faster than me.

Eventually we reached destiny. We landed on some woods. There was a cave. Inside, a construction of metal, spike, hard to describe, but for some reason it reminded me of Skyrim.

That is a “nexus” and apparently there are many. It receives energy from the universe in the form of a beam of light. Hermes encouraged me to enter into the beam. That gave me a different view from reality and let me track… things. And interact with them, changing them.

I think something like this is what spirits use to manifest magick.

More testing and study is needed.

7 Likes

ENTRY #13

I didn’t do this

I didn’t. If it was magick, it wasn’t me. I hope it wasn’t you, dear reader.

Oh, of course. I know who it was. Yes, my dearest Aphrodite, I know it was you. Let’s make this more consistent this time around, okay? I know I said:

Now it is the right someone, when I wasn’t waiting anymore. I was more comfortable not waiting and just moving on. I’m so fucking good at moving on, or has been in the last few years, that it bothers me.

I don’t know. Part of me want to run the fuck away and never look back. The other part wants the same, but doesn’t want to offend Aphrodite.

I don’t know. Doesn’t look like this will end up being good to me. Yet, sweet poison, I always have to take it.

Is part of my own narrative about life and myself. I do it, because I can take it. I’ve survived everything the world has thrown at me. Then again, every single person with a pulse has done so.

I’m being clear as day. I don’t know what’s going to happen. Probably not much. And to be honest, if it ended right now I would be relieved. But things can’t be easy. Never. Ever. Not even one time.

So this time around I’m thinking about using magick to control the damn situation. Is better than weathering storms I didn’t conjure and just decided to appear above me.

In other order of things, good things are happening this week after the absolute punch in the face of the last days of September, so this may be linked to it. A few quick manifestation, and old friend coming back after a while away, new projects.

So the question is… will I get the girl and will be happy for it? Or will I get the girl and be unhappy for it?

I hope not getting the girl is an option. But fuck me and my weakness for redheads.

7 Likes

You have great tastes. Redheads are the best (and no I am not into girls lmao).

Is it the girl you told me about, or different one ?

3 Likes

I don’t think I told you about this, Mei. I was… blocking the whole thing. But hey, I’m an optimist: maybe I won’t get the girl and forget by tomorrow. Of course I won’t, but it could happen.

4 Likes

Eeh, it’s good to be optimistic, so it’s alright. You never know what might happen, so don’t start the race thinking you are going to lose already.

4 Likes

ENTRY #14

Two and a half is not a pattern

One:

Two:

And a half:

I won’t explain the great debacle of 2018. Is enough to say that it was a very weird time in my life. I met a lot of people during that year. I think I met about five times the amount of girls I would’ve in any normal year.

Among them, someone I will call L. Young, pretty, very smart and insanely funny. I liked her. We were making our way into something, but realized quite soon that it wasn’t going to work. We talked things out and that was it, but we stayed in touch for a while. We were pretty friendly and she wanted to be my confidante, or at least she played the part. At some point, she met this guy and got seriously into him. And she got him and I was happy for her, because it was a damn good match.

Then one day… she was gone. I assumed she blocked me to protect her relationship or something. I would have liked to give her a last bye, but what I was going to do, right?

That was years ago. Fastforward to this week and suddenly I see a wild story appear. Funny and smart, as she is. Because it was her story. And I was… am I not supposed to be blocked? I never deleted the conversation so after some looking I found it. And she had a profile picture again.

She didn’t talk to me, but I will count that as a half return.

So, is not a pattern yet. But almost. And I know, I know there is some dickhead out there who probably masturbates thinking I’m suffering. At least the dickhead has half a neuron to realize that attacking me head on is a very bad idea. So I’m getting the memo. Kudos to them, for planning carefully. But not so much for the results.

First return did punch me, I’ll admit. But I shook it off in under a week. Because I’m quite good at moving on. This half? Yeah. It put a smile on my face for a minute. And the second return, well, that one outright made me happy.

I don’t know if I have the best or the worst enemies in the history of enmity. Go figure.

8 Likes

ENTRY #15

For the better part of a year

I’ve been working in this case since February, if I remember correctly. It is a very complex case. Get ex back, but on steroids. Huge fight, person blocked, new girlfriend, client and ex living in different countries and raised in a conservative culture that my very fuck-it-all Argentinian brain can barely comprehend.

I had to order all of this, break it down in small goals that together form phases because it was so much work. Took me more than a month to cast everything strictly related to the people. Like three if we include their circumstances. And I’m talking about working every day, attacking from all angles, leaving no front uncovered. Dozens of spirits had helped so far.

Part one: take care of the new girlfriend, who happen to hail from a closer culture to my own, so it was easier to understand for me. I did a road opener and sent a lot of good things her way. And now you’re thinking “But Cuervo, wasn’t the ex girlfriend a target? Didn’t you have to get rid of her?”. Yes and yes. And I did it by helping her.

You see, dear reader, after understanding her train of thought I came to the conclusion that it would be doable by giving her something (someone) else to chase, leaving the guy free for my client. So, road opener, meeting new dudes, all of that so she would go and, more importantly, she would want to go.

It worked. I’m not sure of the exact timeline, but I think I may have been around 10 weeks. Since I don’t have too many ways to get info, confirmation came at a later date, but it was achieved as expected.

Then there is the thing of getting the two love birds into the same country. This worked to solve several other problems my client had, so it was several birds with one rock. Now, since the country they both live in now is a bitch with visas, we first needed someone to sponsor such visa. We got it. A work visa. Interestingly enough, I did some work specifically so the interviewer for my client’s new job wouldn’t ask anything my client wouldn’t be able to answer. Fucker didn’t ask ANYTHING.

Now, it has been a little more than a month since my client has been living in the new country. And last night the ex dude unblocked them. Now, there is still a road to go, there are still things that need to manifest. And they will manifest, in due time. But this is a ton of progress. More importantly, this has reshaped my clients life in most aspects.

How awesome is magick anyway?

9 Likes

Nice work, Rey.

5 Likes

Omg you are argentinian… omg omg. I know exactly what you mean with fuck it all argentinian brain :joy_cat:. I really loved argentinians in my home country, they have so much in common with us.

And nice work, for sure.

4 Likes