How To Make Your Own Candle

Guide for beginners on how to make your own candles. I’ll be updating this as I get better at it. Creating candles as a hobby, and also as a way to save bucks.

8 Likes

Introduction

Before the occult became a trendy, cutesy identity for the TikTok girlies at our area, it used to be such a struggle to find three things that are crucial to the rituals mom and I used to do.

1. Precious stones
  2. Essential oils / Incense of particular scent
  3. Candles of certain color

We had to do several substitutes, like using baby oil for anointing her candles and using white candles when a specific color is not available. This was before online shopping, before starter packs to cast your own spells were created.

Nowadays, it is easier to acquire what we need at a click of a button. However, a request from Prince Orobas for some tobacco scented candles, not to mention me racking up bills on King Asmodeus’s random scented candle requests made me look into making my own.

Evocation keys are commonly used when petitioning a demon for requests, and that involves the five senses of our human body. One of them is scent. My most prominent memory of King Asmodeus’s is his masculine scent from when he first appeared to me.

Scented candles is a perfect way to set the mood for any ritual. You can encapsulate scents not available to a typical incense and mix and match these to create your own vision. The scent of leather, grass, dirt, old books and campfire are just a few fragrances that you can use on your incense.

These scents, the labor of love, combined with the color associated with your patron deity or deity of choice will surely be a great offering. Throw in some aesthetically pleasing containers or use a nice, creative mold and you’ll have a good looking addition to your altar as well.

8 Likes

Wicked cool, awesome post, keep us in the loop

3 Likes

CONTAINER CANDLES

I am dedicating this to my patron, King Asmodeus. King of Lust and Luck, and also King of Random Purchases at midnight with buyers remorse upon arrival. I love and adore you and all that you’ve done for me and my household.

This candle uses Parasoy wax, which is 52% Soy wax, 48% paraffin, and 5%-7% fragrance oil

materials needed:

• Stove

• a digital scale (5 kilos minimum is ideal)

• candy thermometer (would suggest dial version versus digital for this)

• Soy wax flaked or chopped (1kg to start since you may need trial and error)

• Paraffin wax flaked or chopped (1kg to start since you may need trial and error)

• containers (search for candy containers, or borosilicate containers, make sure you use flame safe)

• fragrance oil of choice, about 60ml overall qty to start (ensure this is for candle making)

• Wicks (wooden wick or cotton wick is fine, make sure there is a sustainer at the bottom)

• Candle dye (powder or liquid)

• Pot for water

• Melting pot for candle (double broiler style, you may search chocolate melter for this)

• melting pot

• Silicon spatula

• wick adhesive or thin double sided tape to hold up the wick sustainer

• Measuring cups and spoons

• Heat gun

• Aluminum tray / foil tray (optional, to use as protection for spillage)

INSTRUCTIONS

The measurements is good for containers allowing 100ml.

1. Prepare your double broiler by filling a pot with water and placing your melter above the water, with the bottom touching the water but not more than half. Give allowances in case the water starts boiling to avoid spillage.

2. Measure 48 grams of paraffin wax using the digital scale and place unto the melter under medium heat

1. Once fully melted, add 52 grams of soy wax to the melter and stir slowly with silicon spatula to avoid bubbles

1. Once melted, set the heat to low and check the temperature. Make sure it does not go above 85 Celsius and add the dye. For this, I use powder. Add sparingly and slowly, the measurements here will not be consistent as even using same brands, some colors do not show as vibrantly. For this dye, some chunks did not even dissolve so I will be using a strainer for this instance to ensure it will not go to the actual candle.

1. Once the color is fully incorporated and blended, check the temperature and ensure it does not go above 80 Celcius this time. Ideal temperature is between 75 - 80 degrees Celcius. Measure 5 grams of fragrance oil up to 7 grams depending on how strong the scent is. You can use multiple types of fragrances but ensure the combined quantity is not more than 7 grams. I will start with 4.5 grams and work my way up depending on how strong the scent is.

2. Use the silicon spatula to stir this slowly to incorporate. You may leave it as you prepare the container and wick.

3. Heat up the wick either by microwaving the glass or placing it on the pot of water and fishing it out with silicon tongs, This is optional but it would ensure that the candle wax will not crack or be weird inside the container. If you do use the hot water, make sure you wipe it dry after with paper towels.

4. Attach the wick (wooden or cotton) at the sustainer. Stick the wick sustainer at the center using the wick adhesive. Some wicks have sustainers attached to it already so that is also a good option. Depending on how wide your container is, you may need to attach two to three wicks to ensure a full melt pool. With my container, I only need one. Check google for guides on the best wick size and number for diameter of container and you may also experiment (hence the ungodly amount of wax).

1. Between the 70 - 75 degrees Celcius, slowly pour or strain the wax to the container with wick.

1. Wait for the candle to solidify for 24 hours before using a heat gun to even out any bubbles, cracks or holes on the top.

2. Cure or leave the candles untouched in a room with consistent temperature for 2 weeks at least to enjoy the scents better.

This is for King Asmodeus, with sparkling wine and rose scent using 200ml borosilicate container.

This is my first batch, making this for Prince Orobas with Tobacco, vanilla and espresso scent

As for anything, don’t be afraid to experiment and do additional research. I will update this in case I change formulas, found a different method or for whatever reason. I have ordered my materials in the Philippines.

Costing for these is:

Soy wax 1 kilogram: 5 US dollars
Paraffin wax: 4 US dollars
Oil: 5 US dollars for 30 ml for blends, for plain 2-3 US dollars for 20 ml, different stores
dye: 25 US cents per color for a tiny, drug dealers plastic but this goes a long way
wick: 20cm 100 pcs for 2 dollars for cotton wicks with sustainer, wooden wicks 1.5 US dollars for 10 pieces with sustainer 16 x 150 mm
containers: 1 dollar or less per piece for all of the kinds shown. Might be cheaper to find glass candy containers, since the glass ones labeled for candles are literally priced double.

7 Likes

Thanks Mike. I’ve written the instructions below

2 Likes

Finished Product, Lily of The Valley for King Asmodeus. My favorite and it smells phenomenal.

5 Likes

Thank you for sharing!

Do you have any tips for clean up? When I try to melt wax off of my melter and utensils with boiled water, my sink gets clogged over time…

5 Likes

I normally use the aluminum tray to catch the big ones as I work and pour and discard the majority of the wax waste by scraping it off and placing it in a small container as a Frankenstein candle. You can try straining it using those cheap oil strainer online and remove as much gunk as you can before draining them.

Personally, i don’t have a lot of waste when making them as I usually only make enough for 100ml containers. The tools I use barely carry wax on them too.

5 Likes

I love your avatar too, Ozzy looks imperious and judgemental :rofl::rofl:

2 Likes

If you allow me, I would like to pass on your practical experience.

**sorcerer’s candle

It is not correct that the candles used in spells are made of paraffin. It is made from wax and stearin, mainly used for witchcraft.

Paraffin candles can also be used if not available. not indispensable, but one releases a more accurate energy. it can be just beeswax but not praffin. Rounding candles are the easiest way to transform wax into effortless wax. Cut the wax plate as much as you need, put a string in it and roll it. this is called a rolling candle. If you search for a rolled beeswax candle on youtube you’ll see how it’s done.**

3 Likes

Asking about waxes to get clarification….

Doesn’t wax preferences go 1) beeswax 2) any other natural wax (such as bayberry) then 3) any synthetic wax (such as paraffin (which if I remember right is made from petrochemicals making it less desirable due to its environmental impact) when it comes to making candles for witchcraft purposes?

Add: don’t quote me on what paraffin is made of I have to read on it haven’t done so in ages and could be wrong.

3 Likes

I have a lot of beeswax at home but I’m not sure how it’ll play nice with soy blends. They tend to crack on it’s own at containers according to some people. I would love to transition to full natural wax though, it’ll be a treat :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

3 Likes

Bookmarked!! Thank you for this, I’m looking to make my own candles, and this is a wonderful place to start. The pics, the descriptions, everything is simplified for my cluttered & busy mind to process. Thank you again.

3 Likes

Here is some of @ultimma work

Candles for Bael and Orobas

2 Likes