How do you summon the gods

What this person said…things like Altars, etc strengthen the connection though or they can. Just my opinion

1 Like

About thirty years ago I got a spiritual entity to physically manifest using incense smoke. Back then it took a lot of time and effort. So I only ever did it once. Why? Because I’m lazy and having done it once I don’t need to do it anymore. I know that the entities I call are present because my arm hairs stand to attention and I sweat unbelievably.
Sometimes I need to have a shower afterwards. Massive, dripping perspiration. It’s a drag, but also a sure sign for me.
I’ve very few Magickal gifts. I don’t have second sight. I’m no good with a crystal ball. I don’t hear anything. It’s pretty sad.

Al.

2 Likes

The only reason I became a Magician was through sheer, determination. Despite all the painful expense, heartrending failures, dismal disappointments, vicious mistakes and really bad fuck-ups – I persisted! Looking back, I still can’t work out why I kept at it!

While other blokes I knew were out sucking and fucking, I was at home trying to understand painfully expensive hardback copies of ancient grimoires or desperately trying to fathom Crowley, Regardie, et al. These were the dim to dark ages of pre-internet.

That’s why I envy – bordering on hate – you bastards born after the advent of the world wide web. Back in the day I’d have given one of my nuts for what you can get for free, online. You have no idea. Trust me – no idea!

Al.

2 Likes

Started in Magick back in 1974. I was ten or eleven years old. Not that much I could do. Movies, Old Moore’s Almanac and age-stained, coffee table, public library books. Really shitty stuff – black and white photographs of beautiful, naked black women ripping apart live chickens.

In 1981, on a sunny Wednesday afternoon, I left high school early, without doing sport, caught the train to Sydney and purchased an expensive, imported, hardback copy of Magick in Theory & Practice by Crowley. What a let down! I studied Liber Al, including Motta’s difficult to obtain commentary (actually, Motta never commented).

While studying at university I kept (fruitlessly) studying Magick. Got a job and met a secretary who put me in contact with my rhp Magickal Teacher (late 1980s). Learnt the basics. Was forced by others to read Liber Null & Psychonaut by Peter James Carroll. With all my uselessly impractical learning, that’s when I became a Magician! And nothing stopped me!

After finding out how to use my useless learning, everything just fell into place. Something happened! It made sense! And it worked! After that I just copied what I did last time. Why not?

Praise Satan I got a good, old-fashioned Magickal education! But even with that I’ve fucked up – Bigtime! You learn through your mistakes, and I’ve learnt some deep (really deep) lessons – My Word!

Al.

1 Like