Hekate and the fates

Does anyone know how Hekate has connection with the fates?

4 Likes

Hekate is said to rule goddess triplicities. Jason Miller combines them with Hekate in his spells (see Protection and Reversal Magick). The Greek Fates (Moirai) were said to be the daughters of Titans (later changed to Zeus). Some “family trees” list both Hekate and the Fates as daughters of Nyx.

2 Likes

3 Likes

Thats really cool info. Thank you!

2 Likes

And werent the fates said to be able to cute ones silver cord, or life line. Something to that effect?

2 Likes

One of them (Atropos) does/did.

2 Likes

I was just thinking about my connection to Hekate and how when I read a circle there is a silver cord that goes from me to the magician.

2 Likes

What if I cut one :speak_no_evil: :scissors:

1 Like

Or sewed one :thread: :sewing_needle:

1 Like

@Arianna Next thing you’ll be asking ‘what if you cut one and attached it to something else’ Like a tree or a cow I suppose?
Well if ya try don’t pick a tree unless you’re trying to extend lifespans. Some trees live helly long (like those bristle cones that live 1000+ years).

2 Likes

You could also use that form of magick for more than that too. The Norse knew it as Seidr and it was a fate weaving magick. You can cut cords but also reweave an entire tapestry too.

I’ve gone as far as to nearly end someone’s life, rearrange courses of events, render one’s magick useless (in some cases permanently), it gets super interesting.

3 Likes