Favorite rite for overcoming obstacles?

Favorite rite for overcoming obstacles?

Tomorrow is a First Quarter Moon in Aries; an excellent time for blockbusting (removing obstacles). What are some of your favorite blockbusting rites, or favorite entities for overcoming obstacles? I usually wing a candle rite with Hekate; I’m curious about how other people approach blockbusting!

5 Likes

This is likely an entirely useless answer, as it’s not a ritual and isn’t planetary-focused at all, but my go-to is always the law of consciousness (law of assumption/law of belief). There’s no particular ritual I perform, but when I feel stuck or blocked, I dedicate a day or two to constant affirmations. As in, making a conscious effort in every idle moment to repeat to myself something like “I always get what I want”, “nothing stands in my way”, and so on.

4 Likes

My go to is Ganesha.

I will recite, meditate on his mantras for a few days and things seem to move more fluid for me and doesn’t feel like Im hitting a brick wall anymore.

5 Likes

Not useless! Do you use tools anymore, or are you largely LoA and pathworking?

4 Likes

I 100% love a good tool-heavy ceremonial rite when I have space and privacy, but it’s been a while since I’ve been able to do that, so ye, largely my praxis is LoA and pathworking.

Rites are useful in the set-and-forget way, no doubt about it. But I’ve found that consciously trying to reprogram my brain with LoA is actually incredibly simple. Simple, not easy: it requires dedication. But if you can dedicate yourself to reaffirming the same phrase to yourself in every waking and/or idle moment, it takes less than a week for it to become so ingrained that your brain defaults to it.

5 Likes

I’m going to try an eclectic “fu” candle approach. A red candle would have been better, but I don’t have one :upside_down_face:

The top pattern with three dots is a three-star constellation representing heaven, man, and earth. It establishes my connection to the universe.

Beneath it I carved western representations of a first quarter moon and Aries in an octagon (representating the bagua). It’s essentially an invocation of the First Quarter Moon in Aries.

Then I put the hexagram Shi (Military) for order, discipline, clarity, purpose, and motivation; removing obstacles.

Beneath this I carved the Lo Shu pattern for wind (wealth) over rice grains (abundance). Then artistically rendered Han characters for “prosperity and riches”.

Beneath that I carved fish, for abundance and as a reference to my second house being in Pisces and my midheaven being in Scorpio (water sign). I fortified the water with the heavenly stems for yang metal (gēng) to conquer obstacles and yin metal (xīn) to promote business charisma.

Finally, I carved the hexagram Lin (Spring Comes) to overcome adversity and as a “cure”.

I’ll blood and empower it tomorrow night :last_quarter_moon:

6 Likes

Me: Just repeat words to yourself!
Yeah nah prolly not ay :joy:

I didn’t think I could be more impressed by you, but here you are, proving me wrong. That is some dedicated and impressive as hell carving. :raised_hands: (And dope nails, I keep mine pointy too.)

Ok, I am respectfully bowing out of this thread now.

Edit in the spirit of the thread: in my early days, Belial was a great blockbuster. Nowadays the greatest help for me to overcome obstacles is Melek Tawus. I can’t say it’s specifically because it’s his speciality (although it arguably could be), but rather because he is my patron and he bigs me up.

If the blockage or obstacle is internal, Cimeries is a severely underrated Goetic spirit, and he has always worked for me within days, if not hours. No specific rite, just a summoning and request.

3 Likes

On the contrary, I wish I was able to use LoA and pathworking effectively. I feel overly reliant on tools. I’m building up the energy working skills, but it will take time. Your approach seems so empowering.

Thank you for the kind words and sharing your experiences with different spirits :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Those fingernails though! Catwoman vibes! :smiley_cat: love them! :heart_eyes:

5 Likes

Thank you Ari! :kissing_cat::black_heart:

4 Likes

I really just threw myself headfirst into whatever interested me, and that happened to be tool-free magick the majority of the time. The best entities I’ve found for blockbusting in general (outside of being a personal guide) are Belial, Cimeries, Dantalion… and perhaps the one I’ve relied on the most, in recent times, Uiazel.

As always though, different people are gonna vibe with different entities, and your methods will grow and change over time. Uiazel is definitely one to keep an eye on though, or at least he has been for me, in recent times. Angels of Omnipotence has a prime place in the work I’ve done in the past year or thereabouts. So while I can’t give a specific rite, I can say he is very helpful. That is, unless you go with the Forbidden AoO Rite That Made Everyone Very Mad.

3 Likes