Black Mirror / Astral Evocation?

Would anyone be willing to post a tutorial on this? Perhaps @anon75849095 ? I’ve reading some of Bardon’s mirror stuff and found it…bizarre. Any solid techniques from experienced practitioners would be much appreciated :+1:

6 Likes

Sure I can give you poke Runyon’s method which is what I use. It’s straightforward and easy to master if you’d be interested.

3 Likes

Absolutely!

2 Likes

This method comes from Poke Runyon the founder of the OTA. This may not be exactly how he does it but it’s based on his work . I like the method because it’s simple.

To set up, this is how it’s done take your spirit seal and put inside the triangle if you use one. Place your black mirror on top of the seal. Like this

Now go through your enns chant staring into the black mirror. Imagine the seal best you can on the mirrors surface. Then use your conjuration however you prefer. As that the spirit reveal it’s self through the mirror.

Now comes the fun part

Lock eyes with yourself in the black mirror. Do not blink. Repeat the spirit’s name in a drone like fashion. Your vision will cloud over and turn completely to black. Don’t blow this part this is where most fail. Do not blink. Even after your eyes have gone black. The blackness will fade after a few moments and your image will reappear. Except it’s no longer your image it’s the spirits.

That’s how it’s done my friend. The first time I pulled this off I nearly soiled myself it surprised me so.

If you have any questions I’m happy to answer them.

The real challenge here is monkeying with your seated height to make sure you get a reflection in the mirror and the source of light. In Runyon’s method the person holds the candles so the light source is like behind them.

11 Likes

Haven’t seen his method but are you sure the light source is behind them IF they’re holding it in their hands? Usually if I have a candle in my hands it’s in front of me not behind my back. So how do they get the light behind themselves if holding it?

Add: I could see the light being set behind them if it’s in a candle holder. I can’t see how it’d working they’re holding it.

Edited: not just to add the add but also to fix some crazy shit my auto correct did. It stuck “Sonia’s” between set and being in the first paragraph but who Sonia is and what she has to do with it is beyond me. Crazy autocorrect lol.

4 Likes

I just put the light source to either side of the mirror. Candles it works fine for me .

I did this real recently with the evocation of knight furcas. It was trippy the distance between my eyes changed my face had pronounced jowls.

4 Likes

This is excellent, can’t wait to try it out! Thank you @anon75849095 :fire:

3 Likes

You ask really good questions @Mythopoeia they make some really interesting topics. Keep it up my friend. :star2:

4 Likes

You give great answers MB. Cheers :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Do you recommend a particular consecration for the mirror itself?

2 Likes

You could pass it through incense smoke and say I do consecrate this mirror to serve in my practice of art. Something to that effect.

2 Likes

I think I have a spell somewhere for consecrating a black mirror. I will try to find it.

4 Likes

Thank you both!

3 Likes

@anon75849095 could two spirits, say King Paimon and Duchess Bune, be evoked with the same mirror at the same time? Or would that require two separate mirrors? I have a larger evocation triangle that can fit two sigils.

3 Likes

Mmm if I were to try that I wouldn’t feel comfortable without two mirrors. When I evoke two spirits normally I use two triangles, a seat for each with dignity.

Otherwise there could be confusion from the spirits on who sits where and who gets prominence and deference this could make the spirits bicker and quarrel

3 Likes

Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

To consecrate mine, I invoke/evoke a specific deity, like Hekate, Lilith, Anubis, etc. by lighting candles and incense while making a sigil or glyph for them and tracing it on the mirror in chalk marker. Then I connect to them through the mirror by using an enn or mantra and gazing into it and then I’ll ask them to enchant / empower it. At this point you can just leave that on the back of the mirror and turn it around if you like, or feel free to wipe it off with a sock/cloth!

Here’s a glyph that I made just now for demonstrative purposes. Hope this helps!

4 Likes

Very cool, thank you @Heathen_Hermit !

1 Like