Beginner's guide: subjective synthesis

What is subjective synthesis (AKA preparatory immersion)?

As its core, it is an academic, intellectual action: to understand the elements of task at hand.

What for?

To make a small psychological change. The subjective synthesis just tell the subconscious mind “I know what I am doing”. For many, this is necessary to obtain success. Not everyone, mind you.

This is why the chaos paradigm is so easy to use. As you make up your own stuff and know why, since you’re the one doing it, the sense of “I know what I am doing” gets reaffirmed ad infinitum.

To put it simple, the subjective synthesis helps your brain to deal with uncertainty. Uncertainty, of course, is a natural part of the process. Is called occultism, not wellknowedism.

In a practical way

Let’s say you’re using a sigil to task X spirit. The sigil, well known on the internet, is surrounded by hebrew letters. Whoever gave you the sigil told you what to do, what words to say and anything else this ritual implies.

Do not do it yet. Research. Is true that you don’t need to know what every single one of those hebrew characters mean, but knowing will help you. And knowing why are they around the sigil in the first place. What are they doing? What’s its purpose? Asking this questions and understanding the answers is the subjective synthesis itself.

Then the sigil. Sure, is like a signature-phone number-whatever, it represents the spirit and links to them. Okay. But what’s the spirit itself? What do you know about this guy? Research it. Use historical records and learn as much as you can.

But try to avoid the internet. Nowadays anyone can write whatever they want, so is not really reliable. The option in the paragraph above is by no means perfect, but it is better than reading fanfiction and thinking it is real.

6 Likes