Ancestor Work: Inviting An Animal Oversoul to Guide & Protect A Lineage

Ancestor Work: Inviting An Animal Oversoul to Guide & Protect A Lineage

Working off of Therapeutic Shamanism by Paul Francis, I have experimented with inviting Animal Oversouls to guide and protect certain ancestral lineages. When I first made contact with my paternal-paternal ancestors via Duchess Bune, I started getting signs that I should contact Cave Bear. If you have an ancestor practice, or are building one, you can reach out to an Oversoul that resonates with you.

Normal people could do a simple shamanic journey to meet with the Oversoul as outlined in Therapeutic Shamanism or as outlined in the Occult Mirror tutorial. This may work for you. Unfortunately I have too many looping and intrusive thoughts, so this is not a great option for me. Fortunately there are other ways.

I approached Cave Bear through two different mediums. First, I asked Duchess Bune. She very kindly started bringing me to Cave Bear in a dream. Bune is amazing for dream-based work. Unfortunately I couldn’t establish full contact, but the dream did end with me wearing a living bear skin.

Following this experience, I went to a local river that I had a relationship with and asked the river to speak to Cave Bear on my behalf. To my utter amazement, a beaver popped its head out of the water and swam into a little cave the moment I asked. I have since had multiple wonderful dreams with Cave Bear, and keep a consecrated bear statue on my ancestor altar.

So, if you would like to approach an Animal Oversoul during your ancestor work, you can:

1. Shamanic Journey
  2. Ask a trusted spirit to bring you to the Oversoul via dream
  3. Ask the land to speak to the Oversoul on your behalf

I would recommend asking a different Oversoul to look after your Father’s Fathers, Father’s Mothers, Mother’s Fathers, and Mother’s Mothers.

2 Likes

If you decide to attempt a shamanic journey, this video may help you:

2 Likes