Advice

Question. If someone is making your work life miserable. What would you as a magician do first?

Generally, I always to do a freezer spell first. If that doesn’t work then I will step it up. But I was curious to see what you all would do first.

5 Likes

How severe are we talking here?

I mean, we can work to make someone crazy in several ways, but it might bite us in the ass.

So, severity info would be good.

6 Likes

Just trying to micro manage everything to the point that you cant do anything because everything is wrong.

Right down to watching cameras and tell us if the paper towels that got stocked are a fraction of an inch over too far.

There are labels on the desk that say calculator and stapler and you have to place the calculator and stapler on those exact spots on th desk … not just on the desk … on the labels.

They watch the camera and then anything you have done wrong… they dont call you in the office or privatley message you they put in a group chat and call you out by name. That you did this or that.

You dont want to do anything because ligit everything is wrong.

6 Likes

It feels like harassment… to find anything you can to make someone feel like they arent capable of doing their job

4 Likes

So…we have an oversight problem.

One thing is clear, attack the cameras. Overload them with energy or the monitors they use to view them on.

You were recently (publicly) working with the dead. Create portals for them near the cameras and monitoring equipment. Set up an agreement with a psychopomp or deity for those portals so that those that use them can’t interfere with customers or staff, outside of your boss.

I would then use an entity that moves troops from one place to another (not ammunition, we want sentience) to then act on the manager’s boss to scrutinize their actions and how they are spending their time. Drawing eyes on that sort of mismanagement.

While there are darker means, I assume these would appeal and could be done and reinforced without much suspicion or undue effort on your part.

I suppose that you could also create a servitor that needles that manager any time the stapler and whatnot are moved out of range. Just move it back before they arrive to ramp the pressure up. Sometimes petty shit just feels good.

6 Likes

Didn’t say why about the portals. Others may not know. Drawing energy and cause early malfunction of electrical equipment.

5 Likes

These are some good ideas! I will certainly look into it. I hadnt thought of using the dead for this. I also knew I needed to cool my jets a little before I did anything to severe on the fly. And then realized I went overboard. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

I am taking screen shots of everything that gets said in those group chats.

5 Likes

Anything that would draw energy like that would work, but I didn’t figure you’d want darker, less controllable things running around. Or following customers home.

5 Likes

Thats true.

4 Likes

You could try an invisibility spell on areas to force them to come look, but that may just piss them off more.

You could use a sort of area ward so they feel sick and can’t look at the screen. Seems like a Beelzebub task. Attach a version to the cameras so when they are viewed, it also happens.

5 Likes

That sounds good too! Gives me some good ideas to consider.

When I had a problem at my old job of people stealing money from the safe, i set two Rottweiler servators to gaurd it. Everyone who tried to unlock the safe would have problems with the combination and I would have to go do it. :laughing:

5 Likes

Nothing says you couldn’t do the same to the monitoring system there, from the seat point of view. I would weight whether you want them confined to an office or out interacting with others (micro-managing more, my guess), which is partially why I suggested what I did.

5 Likes

I used to have a micromanaging boss (though not to this level) and used a combination of invisibility magick squares and summoning other work related issues to flood his inbox during my working hours. It worked out for me and I ended up staying there a year longer than I intended to since I got away with doing very little during that final year. However he did suspect something eventually, when I was about to quit, so maybe not a good approach for a job you intend to stay at.

6 Likes

I personally would approach it similar to @Czar and use invisibility magick. I had a micromanagey boss at my last workplace; I petitioned Bael and then kept a lightly blooded and activated Bael seal on my work desk. People just left me alone.

6 Likes

Really good spell for dealing with a pest posted by @Mythopoeia

4 Likes

I try to expose them to their boss and peers. People get away with a lot of toxic shit because of power dynamics and the tactical silence of those around them. Exposure can do wonders. I’ll work to get them in trouble and disliked by their boss and seen as a nuisance / pest by their peers. I’ll usually throw in a little paranoia too, either with a servitor or a demon. Earl Raum is a solid choice for this. Let them bring their own house down, while their colleagues and bosses watch and sneer.

If I’m really mad, I’ll go after their personal relationships too. Isolate them and leave them to drown in their own bad medicine.

4 Likes

I would wager, either this person does it for fun because they have no real feeling function (empathy), or they have a desperate need to control. The later will be easier to dismantle than the first- but people who lack empathy are often impulsive as well, with a love of attention, so you can guide them to fucking themselves over.

3 Likes

Fun :smiley:

4 Likes